Thursday, February 5, 2009

Iz a SHOW Pony

TX has convinced me to bring Sugar my 8yo to the WP show this Saturday. On TUESDAY she says "We've gotta take our horses this weekend and see how they do"... ummm ok, sure, why not?? No reason except we've been concentrating on this OTHER mare that was left (abandoned) at the barn I board at, trying to find her a good loving home and I have not been riding Sugar for about a month. Thankfully, Sugar has had some sort of WP training at some point in her life, and has a great headset and when she wants to can slow her jog down and look so perfect. I however, have NEVER been to a WP show, and am slightly nervous of this... a “what am I getting myself into” sort of nervousness.
As I'm looking at the classes to see which ones to sign up for, I notice a "In Hand Trail 3yo and under" I have the PERFECT horse for this class!! Diamond is now going to the show!! We are going to do this trail class and have fun at it. I have had NO time to prepare her for anything we might encounter... not that I know what we'll see, but I imagine it will have some logs to go over, and a tarp maybe (which she's not too sure of those tarps...LOL) but the point of this class for me and Diamond is to get used to going to strange places, and still behaving and performing to her ability. Whether we place first or last, is not important... this is a learning experience for the both of us and I'm sure we'll have a blast! I think I’m looking more forward to the trail class with Diamond than I am riding my own horse in the W/J classes!!

2 comments:

  1. It's all about the experience!!! Ribbons don't matter they are just an added bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Well have fun! That is the most important thing. Enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete