Monday, March 22, 2010

It’s spring time!!

It’s spring time and the flowers are blooming, the grass is growing, and Diamond is loving life! She had some time off over the winter while I recovered from my knee surgery, and has reconsidered this whole riding thing. She is all good with walking around, and will even trot when asked, but she’d rather kick the crap outa that annoying pressure asking her to canter.


Since I’m not 100% recovered yet, and a toss outa the saddle could set me back too far, I’ve called upon the help of Mr. Cowboy again. Boy, he’s a life saver and I’m forever grateful to him for being willing to hop in the saddle of my stubborn snotty little princess.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve known she would do this, she told Linda my animal communicator that she was fine with having some time off over the winter, but when we got back on in the spring, she would probably buck a little bit. She meant every word of it too! And the funny thing is, she isn’t doing it out of anger or pissy-ness, when she’s done with her bronc-fest, her eyes are all lit up and she has the look on her face of “Wow! Isn’t this fun!?!” Umm, I could think of funner things to do... Like go on a trail ride, and get outa the arena, but we can’t do that when she’s bucking!

So, for the time being, we’re just working her in the arena, getting the canter when we ask for it, without a buck, or a head toss, and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment